August 17, 2012
There are many reasons why mediation is a great option for resolving divorce issues. Here are a few:
1. Mediation allows you to design a customized settlement that works for you and your family.
2. Mediation is confidential. All discussions take place in the mediator’s office and the mediator can never be called to testify about those discussions.
3. Mediation promotes communication. Talking through divorce issues provides a model for working out issues that may arise after the divorce.
4. Mediation is faster than litigation. The couple sets the schedule and often cases are finished in just a few months.
5. Mediation is cost effective. With no court apperances, no formal discovery and no waiting for court schedules, clients save on their counsel fees.
6. Mediation is guided by a trained mediator — a neutral professional who helps clients by suggesting options, alternatives and solutions.
7. Mediation is voluntary. If, for any reason, the process doesn’t work for you, you can opt out at any time.
8. Mediation encourages both parties to get independent legal advice which helps them negotiate their agreement.
9. Mediation is convenient. Sessions are scheduled with the mediator on your time schedule.
10. Mediation is less stressful. With reduced cost and time, a calmer atmosphere and assistance from a trained mediator, stress is significantly reduced.
To obtain more information or to schedule a mediation session, contact Risa A. Kleiner at her Princeton office at 609.951.2222 or by email at Risa@rkleinerlaw.com.